To meet the growing demand for heavy-duty solar protection, Marie-Claire Castagné decided to specialise in the creation of anti-uv and anti-infrared hats.
After meetings with dermatologists and experts in skin care, Marie-Claire realised that something was still missing on the sun protection market: a lightweight hat, that would be very protective against UVs and remain cool despite sun. We all know that hats provide protection form the sun, but not all of them provide the same degree of protection, like different strength sunscreens.
The winning formula
“technical performance, lightweight and freshness” was the guideline for the company’s research and development process. This aim was achieved and the technical development of Soway hats detains a patent.
The Soway is the only hat that meets these 3 characteristics:
- Anti-UV: Very high sun protection: SPF50+, following the most strict Australian and New-Zealand skin care standards AS/NZS 4399
- Lightweight (less than 100 grams): you keep this hat on your head
- Anti-Infrared: repels the heat and remains cool despite the sun.
- Every brim and visor is lined with dark fabric to reduce glare
- It is ventilated
- Its size is adjustable
- It is easy to carry it in the bag provided with the hat
- It is Machine washable
Soway hats have been worn by Angelina Jolie and Princess Charlène of Monaco and the brand is endorsed by Loick Peyron, one of the most accomplished French sailors of his generation. In France, Soway has been a partner of the National College of Dermatology conferences since 2014.